2 Guys 1 Gun
A downloadable game for Windows
2 Guys 1 Gun is action-packed platformer game with big cooperation aspect, where two players kill many things with hopes to break curse.
Yeah... It sound dumb and it is. 2 Guys 1 Gun is cooperative action platformer with a twist:
There's a curse on your heroes!
You cannot pick up a weapon, and you need to share the only one you got between you two! Two guys! One gun! And great adventure awaiting! Damn! That sounded cheesy as hell. :P
This was our Global Game Jam 2015 entry. Original concept was created in 48h and it was good enough that we decided to work on it more. And we want to finish this game with your help.
This game is kind of weird. It is action platformer for two players, but second player have nothing to do except running from enemies and waiting for first player to give him a gun. This builds strange tension between players, and that's feeling our game should give you. But don't worry, we are giving both players enough different skills to play with so you won't get bored. There might be even some skills making it so you might not want to hold gun. ;)
This is real Early Access game. We plan to update it once a week with at least one feature. Doesn't matter how big. Expect new maps, new enemies, skills, and hopefully no bugfixes!
Our plan is to make at least 24 stages each 20 minutes long. And that's just for campaign. I bet you will replay some levels using different skills!
Killing skeletons with flame thrower might be fun, but what if you later unlock necromancy?
Skills? Yes. You were cursed and that means there is magic in game. We are giving you opportunity to use it against your enemies. Not only simple magic like fireballs but also hundreds of different skills and powers.
In addition to the campaign we are working on arenas with different game modes. Wave survival, boss fights, racing, tower defenses, CTF.
We want you to see how this game grows and becomes game we all want to play with our friends.
One of the advantages of this kind of development is that we can get direct feedback from you. That's why we will listen to what you think about game and what you would like to change.
Visit our Reddit and tell us what you want to see in game!
Of course we got tons of ideas and most of them will get priority (I want dragons!). First big updates we are working on are:
- Arena - Small enclosed arenas where we test new skills on new enemies. It should be easy to add more arenas in future, and each one should have online high scores
- Skills - Here is where we planning to go wild! You will be able to unlock various skills in game for defeating bosses, finding secrets, or unlocking achievements. And we are talking about a lot of skills. You should start game with something like throwing grenades, faster running, heath kits, or CPR. But later learn invisibility, teleportation, throwing fireballs, walking on water, flying, summoning minions, telekinesis, time travel, or even immortality. Yes we are talking about some really overpowered skills! And we don't care too much about balancing it, your other player will let you know if you're making game too easy for him.
- Procedurally generated challenge - Something for you to have fun other than arenas before we finish campaign levels. It is kind of arena but with goal to kill boss at end.
$5 is minimal price, but we will accept all donations! Almost everything will go into game, but if for some reason you can't buy it send me a message!
Our goals are clear:
- ~ $200 - Steam Greenlight
- ~ $500 - Better PC for Twitch development streams
- ~$1200 - Xbox One release
- $???? - PlayStation 4 release
Everyone who buys game on itch.io will get free Steam key.
Why not Kickstarter? Our needs are ridiculously small. If we would make campaign saying "We need $5000 to make this awesome game" people might not take us seriously.
Of course we could say that we need $20000, finish game and with rest do whatever we want... but is that fair?
So that's why we started selling it in early stage while working on it, and...
Thanks to you we already got $30!
One more thing:
This game requires two players with gamepads! Make sure you have someone to play with!
We are doing our best adding new stuff as fast as possible. You can check our change log to see what is already done.
|Published||1 year ago|
|Tags||2D, blocks, Co-op, early-access, gamepad, Local Co-Op, Retro, Shooter, Twin Stick Shooter, Violent|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 2|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: